Puppy Mills A puppy mill is a place where dogs go and they live in small dirty cages. Little puppies get seperated from their mom and they do not see each other. The dogs in cages do not have a chance to go outside their cages. DO NOT BUY PETS FROM THE PET STORES! Instead, buy pets from the nearest local shelter. If you do not buy animals from pet stores 99% of the time they end up going back to puppy mills.
We the Fourth Grade Pet Detectives believe:
You should watch this video because it talks about how you can adopt an animal from your nearest animal shelter. In this video I learned that each year 8 to 10 million animals enter shelters in the USA and a few years later 4 to 6 million animals are euthanized each year simply because shelters run out of space. This is why you should be a responsible pet owner and also adopt pets from the pound (don't buy them from pet stores!). Our project focuses on how to take care of animals to prevent abuse, look for agent R.G's post on how to take care of a pet.
Click here to watch the video.
By Agent A.H
Dear parents of pet owners,
Here are some tips on " how to take care of your pet ":
1. If you ever leave the house overnight, find a pet sitter.
2. Children should not be left alone or allowed to sleep with an animal.
3. Teach your child not to pull ears and tail of your animal, or pinch, squeeze, or make loud noises . He/ she should never disturb a dog while its resting, sleeping, playing with a favorite toy or eating.
4. Do not allow your pets to lick your child face or any cuts or scratches.
5. Pay attention to warning signs-An animal that is growling or hissing want to be left alone !
6. Make sure you train your pet.
Puppy mills are bad. They are bad because dogs don't eat much and they dont exercise much either.We can stop puppy mills by buying our pets from shelters instead of pets stores. It's a good thing to get your pet from shelters instead of pet stores because if an animal in a shelter doesn't get adopted by people, they have to die. So save animals.